Safety Tech will be performed prior to practice, a driver info sheet will be supplied and must be submitted before 1st practice.
TRANSPONDERS must be secured in a pouch and must be located at the base of the column in front of the seat crotch.
JR Driver Ages
Maximum Age Allowed as of Jan. 1st, 2019 Per Class:
Junior 8 - 12
Junior 3 12 - 15 yrs
Jr Sportsman Champ 8 - 12 yrs
Jr Champ 12 - 15
Junior drivers that are the maximum age in their division as of January 1st, 2019
will still be able to compete in their division for the 2019 season.
Borderline aged drivers may "run up" a division at any point during the 2019 Burris Blue Grey Series. They may runs for points in both Age Groups. JR3 drivers may run adult classes but must obtain permission from BBGS. If BBGS feels the driver cannot handle adult classes, they will be removed from those classes.
All Junior Drivers competing in any BBGS event will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate at their first race, which will be kept on file. Please plan accordingly, no exceptions. Prize Money will be withheld until proper age documentation is submitted.
-Flat Karts 2018-2020 Right side Burris SS33A'S, left side any year SS33a.
-Champ Karts 2018-2020 Burris SS33A's, with a 55 option.
-Winged Outlaws, will use impounded SS33A 2019-2020 tires.
All classes will use 87 pump gas, pumping stations will be recommended. No additives, no non-ethanol 87.
** Clone Engine Flat Kart Classes**
-Clone Classes will continue to utilize both AKRA and NKA Engine Platforms as we did in 2019. As of 11/28/2019 the Tillotson block will not be allowed, we will not allow the block unless BOTH AKRA and NKA approve the block.
-All senior classes will use RLV -4104 Stock muffler. All JR classes will utilize weenie pipe with max od dia of .750" with RLV mini silencer, per rule books.
-Limited Classes will not require a silencer
***Predator/DUCAR Hobby Stock Classes***
-Dyno Cams Hobby Stock Class will utilize both Predator and DynoCams 212cc engines,
Predator and Ducar Engine Rules:
1) The engine must be ran out of the box, parts and specs are not interchangeable
2) The governor must be connected and operational
3) The air filter and sock must be installed per factory.
4) The engine must have a key way as installed by factory on the flywheel
5) The engine must pass a governor test on the stand if asked 5500 max
6) Any engine can be claimed by a racer in the field after qualifying or race
7) Claim price $120 Predator/$175 Ducar. Any engine can be "claimed" by any competitor in the main event field post-race, the claimer must have competed in and finished the main event. The claimed, must remove the engine in the tech area. Clutch, chain guard and throttle assembly will be removed.
8) You may disconnect vent tube on tank
11) You may disconnect throttle stop screw
12) You must run the factory gas tank
13) You can only bolt on a chain guard , no other aftermarket parts allowed. Any other after-market part will result in immediate disqualification.
14) You can add a heat shield
15) You can unplug or cut the wires to the oil sensor
16) You can vent the gas cap
Visual inspection of exterior components will be performaed. The series reserves the right to claim, tech or inspect any engine for any reason at any given time.
Any clutch is allowed in the DynoCams Hobby Stock Class
**Chassis & Bodywork**
All chassis must meet current standards.
All steering and brake hardware must be safety wired.
All weights must be double nutted, 5/16" bolts for 5lbs weight, 3/8" bolts for 10lbs+ bolts or 2 5/16 double nutted bolts (minimum). All weight must be painted white and numbered.
All Flat Kart bodies must be made of Fiberglass or Plastic, no Carbon Fiber or Metal bodies allowed, no sail panels or additions allowed to be added to production bodies. No Fairings in JR and below.
Kid Kart, Pee Wee, JR1, & JR3 max nose height is 14 inches, SR classes is 17 inches
All Classes must have a minimum M-2010 or SA-2010 Helmet. Must be full face, flip open helmets will not be allowed. All helmets must be presented during pretech.
Closed toe shoes, Jacket, and neck brace/ helmet support are required. Gloves are highly recommended.